Welcome to my dental blog.
As a busy mother of 3 active kids and a professional I know how hard it is to find the time to do anything for yourself. I’d like to take the time and answer some questions that I often get asked in my practice and at home. I won’t take up much of your time as I know how valuable time is theses days. I hope that you find useful information with my blogs to help you and your family lead happy and healthy lives.
When it comes to your kids make it fun! Have them pick their toothbrush but here are some things to consider:
- make sure the head is not too big so it can easily reach all parts of the mouth
- choose one that has soft bristles
- select one that fits comfortably in your or your kid’s hand
And most important brush properly at least twice a day.
How you care for your toothbrush is equally important:
- don’t’ share your toothbrush
- change your toothbrush after you have been sick
- after brushing wash your toothbrush with warm water and let it air dry ( do not put it in a closed container)
- replace your toothbrush every 4-6 months (kids chew their toothbrushes so you may have to change theirs more often)
Be carful of how you use electric toothbrushes especially if you have receding gums. You could actually be making things worse. There are special toothbrushes and techniques. So the next time you visit your dentist take your electric toothbrush and your questions or book a consultation at my office. I’d be glad to help show you how to take better care of your gums and teeth.
I hope this was helpful.
If you have any questions feel free to write me